Welcome to www.professional-writer.co.uk - the website of freelance writer Derek Thompson.
Are you ever lost for words?
The right words, I mean. The ones that will engage your readers, your customers or your audience. Why let that stop you from getting your message across?
"Effective communication connects us, affects us and compels us to act."
Times when you might need a writer
1. You have no content. Zip. A few ideas, maybe, but that's about it.
I'm a freelance writer and a qualified project manager. I can create a range of written content, for a variety of media and needs. I produce business writing, articles and features, personal speeches and eye-catching copy that generates a buzz. I can even write gags for you, or 'punch up' presentation material to turn it from dry into wry.
2. You have a deadline to meet and your publication has a space that needs filling.
3. Your usual writers are unavailable and you don't want to turn a client down.
4. What you've written is okay. You know it could be better, but you're not quite sure how to improve it.
5. You'd rather stick to what you're best at and run your business. All the same, people still need to know how great your product or service is.
6. You want to revitalise your brand with a fresh approach, a little humour or a new tagline.
7. Words aren't your thing. Believe me, I understand; I feel the same way about banking. (Unless banking is your business, in which case I love banking because the customer is always right!)
And that's where I come in.
My main subjects are: Human Interest; Business; Green Living and Green Tech; Mind, Body & Spirit; Politics; Humour; Relationships; and the Arts.
However, I'm always happy to look at a client's individual brief.
I have also worked with several authors to edit and refine their work, which can cover anything from identifying typos all the way up to ghost writing material.